Sunday, July 13, 2008

Appeal

To

The Chairman,

Federal Service Tribunal

Islamabad, Pakistan

Subject: Miscarriage of justice

Honorable Chairman,

My case of illegal termination of my services from PNCB (Pakistan Narcotics Control Board renamed as Anti Narcotics Force) was heard by Federal Service Tribunal. Chairman of FST was Brig. Sardar Abdul Rashid Khan in 1980-84. I asked for self-pleading as I couldn’t afford expensive lawyers to protect me from Narcotics Mafia. As no written orders were delivered to me, I requested Director Law Mr. Parvez Rehman and his Supreme Court lawyer to tell me why I was terminated. They said I didn’t perform night duty on certain date. I asked the chairman FST if they could terminate the services of an officer only for the reason that he didn’t perform night duty for just one night? The Chairman instantly said “No”. I asked for any other reason for my termination and there was no answer. The Hon. Chairman offered apologies for the tribulations I confronted during termination period and said I should meet with Chairman PNCB. I met him He said he was going to France for a week and would reinstate me just on return. Later on Mr. Parvez Rehman refused court orders and I was by force removed from office.

I kept low profile against both Narcotics Mafia and sate agencies so far. Despite state vindictiveness I survived. Present civil and army coalition is promising reconciliations and feel it is right time to seek retrial of my case.

Background of the case

I was studying English Language and Literature at Peshawar University in 1972 when financial problems compelled me to quit education and seek employment. With few other friends applied as law enforcement officer with Pakistan Narcotics Control Board/ Ministry of Interior. It was a pioneering batch of fifty officers from Pakistan. After training with NWFP Police at Hangu as Inspectors, we were trained by Drug Enforcement Administration USA at Sihala Police Academy. We were inducted as Field Investigating officer in our respective provinces. In NWFP most of our officers were old people on deputation from Police, Custom and Excise departments. They hated us as enemies. Most of us were treated as American Spies. We were asked to quit this service. In September 1979 I was trapped into a sex scandal and my services were terminated through a wireless message. In 1980 my case was registered with Federal Service Tribunal Islamabad. I successfully pleaded my case and I won but PNCB authorities obstructed justice and illegally kept me out of service for such a long time.

PRAYERS

I seek fair and free trial of my case as guaranteed by Constitution of 1973, reinstatement, due promotion and financial compensation.

Obediently yours,

M. Shahjahan Bhatti

Inside Imam Gate

Opposite Imamia Mosque

Dera Ismail Khan NWFP

No comments: